Cheever Construction, the contractor for Berggren Architects’ Saline County Courthouse addition project recently shot and released drone footage of the courthouse and its new addition. Take a look here at the almost completed work:
Berggren Architects recently welcomed two new employees.
Doug Elting has joined our team as an architectural mentor. Doug entered the profession in 1970 as a draftsman and progressed to become a prominent healthcare architect in the Midwest, with professional licensure in six states. Later in his career, along with his partners, he began a technically advanced design firm called Visions in Architecture which specialized in complex projects. Doug now works part-time with Berggren Architects, using his experience to guide and support other team members.
Greyson McCown has joined our team as an architectural intern. He is a second year architecture student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Greyson takes care of the front desk and most of the clerical work in the office, and joins project managers for site visits when his school schedule allows. Greyson was raised in a family that does house flipping, so he knows the value of bringing new life to old structures.
Welcome to the team!
Taking a break from his duties as site architect and historic preservation consultant for the historic Wyoming State Capitol Building, Berggren Architects staffer Michael Dixon, FAIA, talks to a St. Charles, Illinois, Kiwanis Club about “The Culture of Cheyenne.” Besides a discussion of living in Cowboy Country, Mike presented an update on the progress of the restoration of the 1888 Capitol, sharing interesting discoveries found during the construction work.
According to Wyoming State Capitol reports from January 1890, Romeo T. Berra, a Swiss Italian, is named as the “fresco painter”. He and his Spanish wife ended up living in Los Angeles via NYC (according to the census records). He lived from 1842 until 1913.
Mike Dixon and the team in Cheyenne, WY discovered a hidden treasure while in the midst of construction. An original 1890 ceiling stenciling was revealed on the first floor.